For there’s a change in the weather There’s a change in the sea So from now on there’ll be a change in me My walk will be different, my talk and my name Nothin’ about me is going to be the same I’m goin’ to change my way of livin’ “There’ll Be Some Changes […]
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
As our family Christmas gathering approaches, we might assess the troubles ahead, just in case we aren’t already completely conscious about what goes on at these events. And most of us are not completely conscious, nor are our relatives and their spouses and kids. There is, we could predict, only a small chance that […]
“Everyone who wants to follow the warrior’s path has to rid himself of the compulsion to possess and hold onto things.” Carlos Castaneda, The Eagle’s Gift Out here in rural Arizona, lots of my neighbors are armed to the teeth, ready to fight to the death, I guess, for their property and maybe even their […]
emotion: 1. agitation of the passions or sensibilities often involving physiological changes. 2. Any strong feeling as of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, or love arising subjectively rather than through conscious mental effort. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language Lots of us have been taught to trust our feelings. Bad idea. Most people seem […]
Lots of people claim that they have a guardian angel looking after them, helping them avoid danger and assisting in their every endeavor. Unfortunately, their claims can never be verified, so we have to assume that their guardian angels are a creative personal response to life’s uncertainties, a psychological creation that gives them comfort. The […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- We Must Change January 6, 2017
- The Troubles with Christmas December 18, 2016
- The One-step Process to Becoming the World’s Most Successful Person November 3, 2016
- Why I Don’t Trust Your Feelings October 20, 2016
- Welcome Your New Guardian Angels October 8, 2016
- Gary: Helen, Thank you for your kind words: they encoura...
- Gary: Ron, Thanks for the comment, son. I wasn't going...
- Helen Pauley: Gosh Gary, you are truly inspirational. Perhaps th...
- Ron Stokes: Good one Dad! Growing, learning and changing at 8...
- Gary: Jane, Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I agre...