Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
About GaryGary Stokes is mapping the universe of poise. His book, Poise: A Warrior's Guide, charts the path toward a fully-realized life, a vibrant integration of presence, connectedness, gratitude, creativity, and light-heartedness. Gary Stokes has been a coach to leaders of transformational change and President of Mountain Consulting. He designed and conducted research to test innovative strategies for reducing poverty in partnership with national foundations, federal and state government, and local communities. As founder and CEO of Move the Mountain Leadership Center, he coached hundreds of leaders, among them Presidential appointees and other top executives in government, education and business. He has written and spoken extensively about the profound personal and organizational challenges facing individual leaders of large-scale change. Mr. Stokes lives with his wife and collaborator, Mary Morris, in Prescott, Arizona.
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- How to Avoid Letting Trumpdom or Any Other Challenge of the Moment Drive You Mad April 13, 2017
- The Life-Shrinking Price of Feeling Separate March 10, 2017
- How Trump Is Teaching the World About the Game of Life and How Not to Play It February 8, 2017
- Which You Is Showing Up These Days? January 28, 2017
- We Must Change January 6, 2017