Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
“In any spiritual teaching, there is only one thing that is being taught–awakening.” Eckhart Tolle We are in a stage of human evolution that values feedback as a way to improve the quality of life. Even if institutions don’t invite feedback, they get it anyway because of the internet. Yelp, for […]
I’ve been living in awe much of the time lately. Awe is a feeling of reverent respect or wonder, great admiration produced by that which is grand, sublime, magnificent, or sacred. Most people don’t seem to feel awe very often, but I want to explore here the idea that we can live in awe as […]
Paris: I think that heaven is right here in the midst of us. When I’m conscious enough, I can walk through heaven’s gates at any moment, and I can stay in heaven as long as I can be present, connected, grateful, creative and light-hearted—in other words, as long as I can stay poised. But at […]
Most people don’t realize that their self-pity and victimhood are a problem that keeps them locked into the ordinary life of periodic complaint, anger, resentment, and irritation. Feeling justified in their self-pity, they claim that they are simply being “human.” But when we feel sorry for ourselves, we can’t love anybody or anything. In this […]
Some of our relationships are toxic and leave us depleted. But we don’t seem able to pull the plug, even though we should. When we fail to pull the plug, our energy is wasted or misdirected and we don’t have it available to grow and develop. When we don’t pull the plug with toxic relationships, […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- To Awaken, We Need Feedback, Lots of It December 9, 2014
- Living in Awe November 27, 2014
- My Short Life Inside Heaven’s Gate November 6, 2014
- We Can’t Love Anybody When We Feel Sorry for Ourselves October 29, 2014
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on Some People in Your Life? October 26, 2014
- Gary: Sarah, Thanks for your comment. I've found the w...
- Sarah Williams: Great post Gary! I completely agree with your defi...
- Karau: Hello Garry, I am very blessed by reading your ...
- Amy: Gary, Such a wise and inspiring piece. I really ne...
- Judy: Gary, your loneliness comment is so true. I knowl...