Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
Al, sheepishly explaining his infidelity to his wife who has just discovered it, “I’m only human.” Later, explaining to police why she stuck him in the groin with a kitchen knife, Al’s wife says tearfully, “I’m only human!” Angelica, who says she prays every day […]
All of us can be artists, turning the raw materials of our lives into beautiful works of art, every day, every hour. My mother, an accomplished pianist, liked to tell me, “The best life is the life of the artist.” Her definition of artist, however, […]
You’re a life coach. Let’s assume that you’ve been at it for a while and feel pretty competent at this point in your career. You’re making your living at it. You have a self-help blog where you give free advice as a marketing strategy to gain new clients. You’re writing a self-help book. You’ve had […]
“Shit happens” is a cliche often used to explain that bad things come into our lives. It means that unwanted realities push into our lives from the outside—shitty, awful, bad things. Life’s vicissitudes, most people believe, are inevitable, and the downs of life’s ups and downs are “shit.” God is testing you, some believe, by […]
“…the tasks of erasing my routines, losing my self-importance and dropping my personal history became a sheer delight.” Carlos Castaneda, The Wheel of Time Like cows going down a well-worn path from the barn to the pasture in the morning and back in the evening, we repeat ourselves predictably our entire lives. Most of us […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- How to Stop Saying, “I’m Only Human” November 24, 2015
- Our Life As a Work of Art November 13, 2015
- How to Coach a Warrior November 4, 2015
- “Shit Happens” Is a Bad Explanation August 23, 2015
- Erasing Our Patterns and Waking Up August 13, 2015
- Judy McCleary: When did you move in to my brain! Couldn't have ...
- eric nadelberg: Hi Gary, I found this post to be very engaging...
- mary: Hi Gary-- This is a great article-- provocative! I...
- Gary: Madeline, Thanks for sharing your experience with ...
- Madeline H.: Such a fantastic blog post! I enjoyed reading ever...