Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
“Shit happens” is a cliche often used to explain that bad things come into our lives. It means that unwanted realities push into our lives from the outside—shitty, awful, bad things. Life’s vicissitudes, most people believe, are inevitable, and the downs of life’s ups and downs are “shit.” God is testing you, some believe, by […]
“…the tasks of erasing my routines, losing my self-importance and dropping my personal history became a sheer delight.” Carlos Castaneda, The Wheel of Time Like cows going down a well-worn path from the barn to the pasture in the morning and back in the evening, we repeat ourselves predictably our entire lives. Most of us […]
“For an average man, the world is weird because if he’s not bored with it, he’s at odds with it. For a warrior, the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable. A Warrior must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous time.” Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan […]
“…we are inside a bubble. It is a bubble into which we are placed at the moment of our birth. At first that bubble is open, but then it begins to close until it has sealed us in. That bubble is our perception. We live inside that bubble all of our lives. And what we […]
Life is sweet for me, every moment of it, every day. But I’ve been frosting my life with sugar, creating a personal emergency. I always had money as a kid to buy candy. I already had money in my pocket to buy sugar at 9 years old. My Cedar Fall Record newspaper route passed by […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- “Shit Happens” Is a Bad Explanation August 23, 2015
- Erasing Our Patterns and Waking Up August 13, 2015
- Stopping the World to Achieve the Totality of Oneself July 25, 2015
- The Totality of Oneself: How to Have a Bigger Life—Way Bigger July 10, 2015
- Living the Sweet Life Pushes Me into a Personal Emergency June 24, 2015
- eric nadelberg: Hi Gary, I found this post to be very engaging...
- mary: Hi Gary-- This is a great article-- provocative! I...
- Gary: Madeline, Thanks for sharing your experience with ...
- Madeline H.: Such a fantastic blog post! I enjoyed reading ever...
- eric nadelberg: Gary, I look forward with great anticipation ...