Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
“For an average man, the world is weird because if he’s not bored with it, he’s at odds with it. For a warrior, the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable. A Warrior must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous time.” Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan […]
“…we are inside a bubble. It is a bubble into which we are placed at the moment of our birth. At first that bubble is open, but then it begins to close until it has sealed us in. That bubble is our perception. We live inside that bubble all of our lives. And what we […]
Life is sweet for me, every moment of it, every day. But I’ve been frosting my life with sugar, creating a personal emergency. I always had money as a kid to buy candy. I already had money in my pocket to buy sugar at 9 years old. My Cedar Fall Record newspaper route passed by […]
It’s pretty easy to see that some of the people around us need to declare a personal emergency—even if they don’t, which is the case most of the time. Actually, most of us have some trouble realizing that our troubles have turned into emergencies. Maybe we’ve gone numb to the problem that is now a […]
In a restaurant the other night, I listened to a man talking to his wife at the next table. He talked at length about the factory orders he was working on. As men often do with their women, he dominated their dinner time with considerable detail about his work day, how many orders had been […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Friendships Come with a Poised Life September 26, 2014
- Stopping the World to Achieve the Totality of Oneself July 25, 2015
- The Totality of Oneself: How to Have a Bigger Life—Way Bigger July 10, 2015
- Living the Sweet Life Pushes Me into a Personal Emergency June 24, 2015
- Is It Time to Declare a Personal Emergency? June 18, 2015
- How to Talk about Yourself Without Being a Bore May 20, 2015
- Gary: Madeline, Thanks for sharing your experience with ...
- Madeline H.: Such a fantastic blog post! I enjoyed reading ever...
- eric nadelberg: Gary, I look forward with great anticipation ...
- Gary: Great questions, Eric. Yes, we can grow and devel...
- Gary: Jason, If I could pick only two advisers for my li...