Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
I closed my left eye recently as I was reading, and the print disappeared—or, rather, it became something else, a blur of black on white. I couldn’t read with my right eye. In another visual experiment driving down the road behind another car, I closed my left eye, and the car in front of me […]
Our personalities may have some strengths, but they can also stop us from becoming more conscious. Janet Carl, an old friend and colleague, is our guest writer today, giving us some important insights into personality characteristics that can prevent us from sustaining our poise. Janet discovers how we can see past life-long predilections to a […]
To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence. Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose Most of us are crazy some of the time, and lots of people are crazy all of the time. But we don’t have to be crazy. And […]
…whatever man sends out in word or deed, will return to him; what he gives, he will receive. If he gives hate, he will receive hate; if he gives love, he will receive love; if he gives criticism, he will receive criticism; if he lies, he will be lied to; if he cheats he will […]
The Tao doesn’t take sides; it gives birth to both good and evil. The Master doesn’t take sides; she welcomes both saints and sinners. Tao Te Ching by Lao-tzu translated by Stephen Mitchell “Well,” an acquaintance at the gym asked me the other day out of the blue, “what do you think of the black […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- Poise and Your Great Big Problem Right Now July 25, 2014
- Moving Past Your Personality into Poise July 17, 2014
- How to Know if You’re Crazy July 12, 2014
- Everything We Put Out Comes Back: Everything June 27, 2014
- Not Two June 19, 2014
- Gary: Judy, Yes, you'll get credit and Clark, too, for ...
- Gary: Scott, The piano--yes. What a brilliant example of...
- Scott Jacobs: I was a little upset when you told me about your v...
- Judy: Just be sure to credit me in the inspiration list ...
- Gary: AnneSun, Thanks for your comment and correction. ...