Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
Poise is a state of consciousness that can be tested and sustained only in the challenging arena of real life, surrounded by other people. As Ram Dass points out, the monk meditating for 30 years in a mountain cave may have achieved a profound quietude, but that poise will be disrupted as soon as he […]
I saw them coming up the lane and guessed who they were. They were coming to save me. We live at the end of the road on the top of a little mountain, so we can see cars coming up our quarter mile dirt lane as soon as they enter our property and begin the […]
For 30,000 years our species has been changing remarkably quickly. And we’re not done yet. Still Evolving (After All These Years), John Hawks in Scientific American, September, 2014 To our consternation at this stage of human evolution, the murderous mass killing of men, women, and children continues all over the globe. Conscious people, grounded in […]
Let’s say that you will pursue the answers to only one question during your lifetime with the aim of creating the best possible life for yourself. Once you decide which question to devote your learning to, you will spend the rest of your life, every day, every hour, every minute, getting better and better answers […]
Mary and I were in Rothenberg ob der Tauber, Germany, and I’d been looking around in near ecstasy. When I’m in a state of sustained poise—present, connected, grateful, creative, and light hearted—my view of the world is expansive, and there is so much to see that I could happily spend the rest of eternity in […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- TAPPING THE UNSURPASSED VALUE OF PETTY TYRANTS September 10, 2014
- Saving Each Other September 3, 2014
- Poised People Can Stop the Killing August 27, 2014
- What’s the Biggest Question of Your Life? August 17, 2014
- Poised and Looking Around August 10, 2014
- Judy: Piano is in your genetic makeup. I spent many hou...
- Gary: Judy, Yes, you'll get credit and Clark, too, for ...
- Gary: Scott, The piano--yes. What a brilliant example of...
- Scott Jacobs: I was a little upset when you told me about your v...
- Judy: Just be sure to credit me in the inspiration list ...