Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
We have often read about the stages of life—how we change as we age, how our perceptions change as we live through childhood, the adulthood stages of marriage, child-rearing, and then the freedom of the empty nest and finally retirement and old age, for instance. The various descriptions of how we grow, mature, and age […]
I think it was Eckhart Tolle who was asked, “What is insanity?” He answered, “The news.” We know what he means: the news reports the latest in human madness, murder, and mayhem. The news presents an insane human species, unable to live in peace and harmony, a species that is violent, greedy, and unpredictable. Quite […]
What we long for is profound intimacy of relationship. Our human imagination brought something radically new to Earth’s life; the capacity to experience the world from another’s perspective. Brian Swimm and Mary Tucker, Journey of the Universe The universe, it turns out, is not a wild and crazy place as its nuclear explosions and black […]
We have been examining the nature of our potential in the last four posts on New Year’s Resolutions found on this site and in Do You Have Any Potential. In pursuit of my own potential, I spent some time writing a revised narrative for my life as I prepared for 2015 earlier this month. My […]
I was smiling to take the edge off my impertinent question. My friend, Ben, had just told me about his inability to change despite increasing evidence that he is in a crisis of physical deterioration. He is obese. He has diabetes but eats enormous amounts of sugar, he sheepishly admits. His knees are in chronic […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- Making the Big Turn into the Poised Life March 18, 2015
- To Know or Not to Know: That Is the Question March 10, 2015
- Get Rich by Imitating the Universe: Bonding and Building the Teams of Your Life February 26, 2015
- Writing Your Way into Your Potential February 1, 2015
- Do You Have Any Potential? January 31, 2015
- Jason: Well sir, Because I have enjoyed your writings...
- mary: HI Gary-- Thank you for this beautifully written p...
- Nate Stokes: Great post! As someone who's been very blessed wi...
- Gary: Ron, Thanks for the positive comment. In spite of ...
- Gary: Eric, Yes, we must have feedback to learn, grow, a...