Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
Most men and women don’t have a very clear idea about how to make themselves happy. As Tolle points out, the human mind is a mad whirl of thoughts that prevent us from living in the only possible happy place—now. “The normal state of consciousness of human beings is a form of illness or mental […]
Studies of human personality types intrigue and amuse us as we search for who we are. But then we go too far and adopt a personality type to describe ourselves for life. That type becomes the shape of our ego. We love to limit our potential by putting ourselves in a box. We feel safe […]
Poised parents create an emotional and intellectual climate that guarantees a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage for their children and for themselves. Poised parents actually exist and their balance, composure, and equanimity are built on a foundation of five elements of poised thinking and behavior. 1. Poised parents are present, living in the […]
Giving advice is a bad habit and it usually doesn’t help the person we give it to. Nevertheless, I gave some advise to a government agency director who had hired me as a coach. It was my biggest coaching gig to date—great pay, a prestige assignment, and a brilliant, accomplished client. We were discussing the […]
It’s clear to me that we can become smarter throughout our lifetime, no matter what advantages or disadvantages we inherit at birth. I don’t anymore, but I used to associate intelligence with IQ levels, discovered through written tests created by high IQ people. This post explores how we can become the smartest people on earth. […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- Nobody Is Doing Anything to Anybody, Let Alone to a Warrior October 11, 2013
- Now Can Be the Happiest Period of Your Life April 18, 2014
- The Shape of Our Ego April 8, 2014
- Poise: The Most Important Gift You Can Give Your Cherished Children March 17, 2014
- Want Some Advice? No, You Don’t March 17, 2014
- Smart, Smarter, and Smartest March 15, 2014
- Gary: Charles, We'll all pick the word we like best to ...
- Gary: Ron, Yes, as you say, the way we view and frame ou...
- Charles Main: Gary, You asked for a period in our lives when ...
- Ron: As always...enlightening and challenging. Happy is...
- Gary: Ron, Thanks for the encouraging words. I think I a...