Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
Paris: I think that heaven is right here in the midst of us. When I’m conscious enough, I can walk through heaven’s gates at any moment, and I can stay in heaven as long as I can be present, connected, grateful, creative and light-hearted—in other words, as long as I can stay poised. But at […]
Most people don’t realize that their self-pity and victimhood are a problem that keeps them locked into the ordinary life of periodic complaint, anger, resentment, and irritation. Feeling justified in their self-pity, they claim that they are simply being “human.” But when we feel sorry for ourselves, we can’t love anybody or anything. In this […]
Some of our relationships are toxic and leave us depleted. But we don’t seem able to pull the plug, even though we should. When we fail to pull the plug, our energy is wasted or misdirected and we don’t have it available to grow and develop. When we don’t pull the plug with toxic relationships, […]
I keep using the word warrior here, neglecting to define the word very carefully. I do explain what I mean in the introduction to my book, Poise: A Warrior’s Guide, but even there readers may be left wondering what I’m talking about when I say that warriors are poised men and women. This is from […]
To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest. Pema Chodron Human beings are talking, and talking, and talking. Our species, generally, cannot stop thinking, and we cannot stop talking. Talking, we establish and maintain connections with each other. Talking, we attempt to figure things out, […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- My Short Life Inside Heaven’s Gate November 6, 2014
- We Can’t Love Anybody When We Feel Sorry for Ourselves October 29, 2014
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on Some People in Your Life? October 26, 2014
- What’s a Warrior, Anyway? October 12, 2014
- To Shake Things Up, We Need High Quality Talk October 10, 2014
- Gary: Sarah, Thanks for your comment. I've found the w...
- Sarah Williams: Great post Gary! I completely agree with your defi...
- Karau: Hello Garry, I am very blessed by reading your ...
- Amy: Gary, Such a wise and inspiring piece. I really ne...
- Judy: Gary, your loneliness comment is so true. I knowl...