Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
Warriors, men and women at war with their own weaknesses, make a dramatic turn at a certain point, a conscious pivot away from the past to live in the present as artists shaping the future that is emerging moment by moment. Before that momentous shift, we are frozen into a backward gaze much of the […]
…modern man (is) a homicidal egoist, a being totally involved with his self-iimage. Having lost hope of ever returning to the source of everything, the average man seeks solace in his selfishness. Carlos Castaneda The Power of Silence I read a story this morning by a blogger who has been wrestling with the demons of his […]
Dedicated to Ron and Denise as they approach their marriage. Discoveries about the most successful, dynamic marriages support the hope and faith we had when we got married. We were right then, even though our marriage ended in divorce later, that marriage is the best human relationship to achieve a happy, fruitful life. The […]
What to give Mary for Valentine’s Day tomorrow? She already has everything she wants, so “Don’t get me anything,” she always tells me. But I can’t skip this assignment because—I know from the 18 Valentine gifts I’ve received from her in our marriage so far—I will receive tomorrow a beautifully designed card with an intimate […]
Our goal is to become masters of poise. We’re working to become more present, connected, grateful, creative, and light-hearted. We want to live in the highest consciousness that we can emerge into. But we probably don’t sustain our poise all of the time. We still get upset, lose our balance, and drift off our usually […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- Bringing Power to Resolutions February 3, 2013
- The Importance of Not Being Earnest May 3, 2013
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Stopping the World Requires Poise February 28, 2014
- A Poised Journey to the Marriage of Our Dreams February 21, 2014
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine’s Gift February 12, 2014
- What’s It Like to Be a Master of Poise? February 6, 2014
- Judy: A loving, thoughtful gift to Ron and Denise. Than...
- eric nadelberg: Gary, Thanks for this piece, it is revealing ...
- Denise \"soon to be\" Stokes: Gary - profound, realistic, and true. Thank you f...
- Ron: Brilliant as always...thanks for dedicating this t...
- Gary: Mary chose all three! Gary...