Welcome! This website and blog are dedicated to pioneering on the frontiers of human emergence. Courageous men and women who are seeking breakthroughs in awareness will find here a place to examine, learn and exchange experiences. The subject is poise, the seeker’s highest state of consciousness. I hope our time together will be challenging, provocative, and exciting as we leave the ordinary life behind and move to a vibrant life of joy and practical advantage.
We’re about to find out how conscious we voting Americans are—how conscious we are as a nation. The human species falls along a spectrum of consciousness—maybe on a bell-shaped curve: A minority of us are mostly unconscious, brutal, and death-loving. Most of us, though, swing back and […]
Serving others is our life purpose, Martin Luther King taught us. I used to believe it and repeated that moral position to leaders in my coaching work, even though serving others never felt like my own primary purpose, I recognize now. Serving others seemed, at the […]
A couple of evenings ago, sitting on our west-facing deck just after sunset, I stopped the world for a while. I used a trick that I invented–well, stumbled onto– and I’m delighted to report that it works. Stopping the world is stopping thinking, a state of consciousness in which you have brought your mind […]
“You are something that the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is something the ocean is doing.” Eckhart Tolle (quoting Alan Watts) We all seem to have some narcissism, so we like to look in the mirror. We probably have quite a few mirrors in our house, and lots […]
Fathers can show their children how to learn and change by pursuing their own emergence. But my dad did not know that we are emergent beings in an emergent universe. He didn’t know that our assignment in […]
Get Your Copy of Gary’s Book!
Professional and Reader Reviews of Poise: A Warrior’s Guide
Five Stars This book is a gem! Katie Kaites
Five Stars It is nothing short of an invitation to a new life. For the religious among us it is the experience of death and resurrection. For the secular among us it is the process of claiming one's full potential. For those in recovery it is the daily decision to live the 12 steps as the spiritual path toward sobriety. The book zeroes in on the discipline required to identify and root out self-pity, the nemesis of a deep and connected life. The author invites us to confront our demons - pride, anger, rigidity, fear - all couched comfortably in self-pity, in order to rise like the phoenix from the ashes to engage our loved ones and the world in a full and loving way….All you warriors out there, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. Then prepare to change the world as you are changed! Jeff Paul
For more professional and reader reviews, click the button below!
- The Poised Warrior’s Valentine Gift February 13, 2013
- Aging Is No Joke–Unless You Want To Get Sick January 31, 2014
- Not the Original Plan by guest Judy McCleary June 9, 2014
- Who Was Dad and Who Am I? Poise and the Past Perfect March 7, 2014
- Mask # 2: Grief and Regret In a Series on the Many Masks of Self-Pity December 19, 2013
- Trump, Clinton, and the Consciousness of the Voting Public August 20, 2016
- Serving Others Is Not Our Life Purpose July 25, 2016
- It’s Time to Stop the World July 8, 2016
- The News: Our Best Mirror June 24, 2016
- Dad, Show Us How to Change June 18, 2016
- John: Although it's something most of us would like to ...
- Gary: Eric, Well, as I frequently say, this is where th...
- John: There is a question as to whether humanity in gene...
- eric nadelberg: Hi Gary, Reading through your checklist I was...
- Gary: Kristine, Thanks for your analysis. As I wrote t...